Low temperatures and lack of moisture also affect our skin during winter. Take care of your skin in the coldest season of the year and prevent dryness with these 10 tips.
We just entered the coldest time of the year. Winter comes and with it a new drop in temperatures. Meanwhile, our body resists adapting to these weather changes. Sudden variations in temperature or other factors such as pollution negatively affect the skin. The face, lips, hands or elbows begin to dehydrate. That is why our skin needs extra care for winter, now that cold, wind and lack of moisture begin to be a constant in our day to day.
In fact, in winter, the redness of the complexion is one of the most common effects. This effect is due to the fact that heated environments, generally with low humidity, can be very harmful to the skin. But how can we correct it? To start, it is advisable to use thermal water and drink plenty of fluids, avoid very hot drinks, excess alcohol, and spicy foods. Check now these 10 tips to take care of your skin in winter and that the change in temperature does not affect your well-being:
- Deep cleaning It is undoubtedly the most important step to maintain perfect skin in winter. Our skin needs to be clean and well-oxygenated to regenerate. To proceed with the cleaning of your skin you can use a soap or lotion that is according to your skin type and its needs. Apply the tonic to finish cleaning, refresh the skin and return the hydrolipidic mantle and the natural pH.
- Avoid very hot water. In cleaning and caring for your skin, avoid very hot water. Its effect? Dehydrates the skin and contributes to the loss of lubrication. It is important to dry very well after bathing.
- Hydrates the skin to the fullest. Especially after showering and before going to bed.
- Choose your own method. Opt for soft products or with emollients and humectants, with components such as ceramides or hyaluronic acid. Another option is the use of masks. A method that will not only strengthen our complexion but will help keep your skin hydrated. It also depends on the type of mask you use, there are many types, textures and competent as moisturizing, nourishing, soothing, purifying.
- Exfoliate your skin. To have hydrated oxygenated skin, it is necessary to exfoliate it to remove dead skin, activate circulation and facilitate oxygenation and cell regeneration. If you have dry skin, use a gentle scrub once a week to remove the dead skin that remains in the most superficial layer and thus facilitate the penetration and action of the treatment products. If your skin is mixed or oily, you can further separate the times between exfoliations, and the ideal is that you do it every 10 or 15 days with a soft product especially to clean the pores and thus help its oxygenation so that the skin breathes better.
- Use sunscreen. Protecting our skin from the sun is not just a summer routine. Every day we are exposed to solar radiation. Therefore, take care of your skin in winter with sunscreen and avoid the appearance of spots.
- Protect lips. In addition to the skin, the lips also suffer from the dryness of the cold. By noticing them dry or tight, many people choose to moisten them with their tongue, with their own saliva. When the saliva dries, there is even more dryness of the lips, in addition to having them wet and bumping into the wind or cold, cracks, wounds and even mouthpieces may appear. Complement the care of your skin with lip balms that, in addition to providing color, have moisturizing components.
- Take care of your hands. The cold and dryness also act on your hands in winter. Avoid soaps and disinfectant wipes. The key is to choose some hand soap with moisturizing components. Before sleeping it is recommended that you apply good hand cream.
- Protect your skin from temperature changes. As we have explained, entering and leaving different establishments, added to the use of heating, can be harmful to the skin since these changes alter its normal functioning and also dry it considerably. Be aware of them and prepare to prevent these mismatches.
- Be aware of the care of your skin. This is the first and best advice. To achieve your goals and maintain a careful skin during the winter, the most important thing is consistency.